Porcelain dental veneers, also known as “instant orthodontics”, are placed to correct several imperfections at once. Teeth that are discolored, chipped, or cracked can be transformed with this cosmetic dentistry treatment. LUMINEERS®, a new type of porcelain dental veneers, are now offered at Quality Dental Care in Wappingers Falls near Poughkeepsie and Hopewell Junction. These new ultra-thin veneers offer significant advantages over traditional veneers.
Treatment with LUMINEERS Porcelain Veneers
LUMINEERS are placed over teeth to hide stains, chips, cracks, and other flaws. Unlike traditional dental veneers, LUMINEERS do not require the removal of any tooth enamel. This is because LUMINEERS are much thinner than traditional veneers. LUMINEERS are about the size of a contact lens and can easily slide over teeth without having to change their structure.
Exploring Candidacy: How to Know if LUMINEERS Are Right for You
If you are dissatisfied with certain aesthetic elements of your smile, then LUMINEERS may be an excellent option for you. These restorations can conceal:
- Chips or cracks: Dental damage, no matter how minimal, can compromise the appearance of your smile. LUMINEERS conceal these flaws to help you look your best.
- Dental wear: Bruxism – or teeth grinding – can cause significant wear and tear. As a result, the teeth can become small and “boxy” in appearance. LUMINEERS can address this issue by altering the size and shape of the teeth. It is important to note, however, that a custom oral appliance may also be recommended to halt the effects of bruxism and keep your new restorations looking great for years to come.
- Gaps or spacing between the teeth: Braces are not necessary for treating gapped teeth if the issue is not affecting your oral health. Small spaces can easily be closed with LUMINEERS.
- Tooth discoloration: While extrinsic stains caused by coffee, tea, and other dark-colored foods and beverages can be treated with teeth whitening, bleaching does not address deep intrinsic discoloration. In these cases, LUMINEERS can be placed to achieve a brighter, whiter, more uniform smile.
- Slight misalignment: Crooked or overlapped teeth can sometimes be addressed with LUMINEERS. While this treatment does not shift the positions of the teeth, it can make them appear straight, which can make your entire smile look straighter and healthier.
- Small or misshapen teeth: Sometimes one or two teeth may appear smaller in proportion to the others. LUMINEERS can give a tooth the proper dimensions, allowing it to blend in with the rest of the smile.
Those considering LUMINEERS must have strong, healthy enamel. Candidates should also be in good oral health, free from periodontal disease and tooth decay. If these issues are present, restorative treatments will be recommended prior to the placement of your LUMINEERS. During a consultation at Quality Dental Care, we can determine if you are eligible for this type of treatment.
Unlike traditional dental veneers, LUMINEERS do not require the removal of any tooth enamel.
The Placement Process
LUMINEERS treatment can typically be completed in just two office visits. During the first visit to our practice, patients will meet with one of our dentists to discuss his or her needs and goals for the procedure. Impressions are taken of the teeth, and a shade of porcelain is chosen. This information will be sent to a trusted dental lab for the fabrication of your new restorations. In most cases, it takes two to four weeks for this process to be completed. Because no enamel is removed during the placement process, temporary veneers are not necessary.
Once the LUMINEERS are ready, the patient is scheduled for a second appointment at our office. The dentist places the new restorations over the affected teeth. After assessing the fit and making any necessary adjustments, the LUMINEERS are bonded into place with a special dental cement.
Benefits of LUMINEERS
LUMINEERS can make individual teeth look straight and healthy, which gives your entire smile an attractive and symmetrical appearance. There are several benefits to this procedure compared to traditional veneers. For example, LUMINEERS offer:
- Less invasive treatment: One of the major benefits of LUMINEERS is that they are so thin that they do not require any tooth reduction. Because traditional veneers are much thicker, tooth enamel must be reduced in order for the veneers to fit over teeth properly. Typically, this involves removing an amount of enamel equal in thickness to an eggshell. With LUMINEERS, this step is not necessary. Tooth structure remains intact and LUMINEERS can be placed without any pain or discomfort whatsoever.
- Reversible treatment: Another advantage of LUMINEERS porcelain dental veneers is that they can be removed at any time, without having to replace them. Those who wear traditional veneers, on the other hand, will always need some type of restoration.
- Long-lasting results: LUMINEERS are long-lasting. In fact, they can last for over 20 years with proper care and maintenance.
- “Instant orthodontics:" If your teeth are only slightly misaligned, LUMINEERS can also be used to make your smile look straighter in an instant, as opposed to undergoing a lengthy orthodontic treatment such as Invisalign®.
- Fast treatment: In the majority of cases, treatment can be completed in just two office visits over a few weeks’ time.
- Natural-looking results: Due to the high-quality dental materials used in the fabrication of LUMINEERS, these restorations mimic the translucency of natural teeth. As a result, patients can enjoy incredibly natural-looking outcomes. No one will notice your dental work, but they will probably find your beautiful new smile hard to miss!
Those who choose Quality Dental Care can rest assured they will receive the highest level of care possible. Using the latest in dental technologies and methods, our doctors provide our patients with cutting-edge treatments and beautiful results.
Schedule a LUMINEERS Porcelain Veneers Consultation at Our Practice Serving Hopewell Junction, Wappingers Falls, and Poughkeepsie
Contact Quality Dental Care in Wappingers Falls for more information about LUMINEERS porcelain dental veneers. Many individuals from Poughkeepsie, Hopewell Junction, Fishkill, Dutchess County, Putnam County, and the entire Hudson Valley have transformed their smiles instantly with this state-of-the-art treatment. We are also proud to offer CareCredit® financing to help patients afford treatment. This option allows individuals to make low, interest-free monthly payments. Talk to our financial team about a payment option to fit your needs and budget. Give us a call at (845) 227-1996 in Hopewell Junction or (845) 289-0094 in Pawling.